Rheumatology is the medical branch that deals with diseases of the locomotor system, the diseases and disorders of bones, joints, tendons, and muscles, caused by infections, inflammations, traumatic, degenerative, metabolic disorders, and especially autoimmune inflammatory affections.
Rheumatologists are specially trained to manage the following diseases and conditions:
- Immune chronic Articular diseases: such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Systemic Lupus, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Scleroderma, etc.
- Immune systemic Vasculitis: such as Temporal Arteritis, Behcet disease, etc.
- Immune muscular diseases: such as Myositis and Dermatomyositis.
- Arthritis and Arthropathies related to certain chronic diseases: such as psoriasis, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc.
- Metabolic Rheumatic diseases: such as Gout and Pseudogout.
- Degenerative articular diseases: such as Osteoarthritis.
- Bone metabolic diseases: such as Osteoporosis, Osteomalacia, and vitamin D disorders.
- Chronic pain: such as low back pain and fibromyalgia.
At Emirates Hospital, you’ll find the best Rheumatology services in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Khalifa City in UAE.
Our qualified Rheumatology doctors in Dubai are specialized in the management of all aspects of bones & joints disorders.
Rheumatologists manage the diagnostic process with general reviews focusing on:
- All types of peripheral all axial arthritis.
- Lesions of Periarticular components (tendons, ligaments, and muscles).
- All types of bone pain and deformations.
- All bone and articular manifestations during systemic diseases like psoriasis, inflammatory bowel diseases, renal dysfunction, etc.
- Bone and articular complication by certain drugs like cortisone, anticonvulsant, etc.
- Laboratory investigations (blood and urine tests).
- Bone and articular x-rays.
- C-T scanning and MRI.
Treatments and therapeutics:
The most important treatment in Rheumatic diseases includes:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Oral immune suppressors.
- Biological treatment.
- Calcium, vitamin D, and anti-osteoporotic agents.
- Drugs for metabolic diseases (Gout & Pseudogout).
- Local injection or infiltration (for tendons and joints).
In Emirates Hospital, we use the latest treatment methods available for these Rheumatic diseases and their follow ups.