Stay Hydrated During your Fast in the Holy Month of Ramadan
It is important to stay hydrated during your fast in the holy month of Ramadan, so try to drink water adequately after sundown.
- Drink 2 litres per day! Don't drink them all at once; rather try to sip them throughout the night.
- End your fast daily by sipping one glass of water slowly with your dates.
- Try not to eat other foods or drink other beverages before drinking water.
- Choose fruits and vegetables rich in water; watermelon, grapefruit, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce...
Raya Zreik, M.D.
- Cut down on caffeinated drinks like coffee, tea and sodas as these have a diuretic effect.
Specialist in Internal Medicine
Fellowship in Endocrinology American University of Beirut