The Department of IVF at Emirates Hospital, Jumeirah aims to offer the best of expertise and treatment options for couples suffering from issues of infertility.
Supported by a team of experts, we offer our patients with the highest standards of care at every stage of the fertility treatment based on unique and individual medical needs.
Our team of Gynaecologists, Infertility Specialists, Reproductive Endocrinologists and other supporting staff provide the most successful, highest quality fertility treatment in a personalised and confidential environment.
Homeopathy is a method of health care that focuses on using natural principles in the treatment of disease. The approach is holistic, whereby all aspects of the individual are considered before selecting treatment. Homeopathy is a simple, gentle and complete system of natural medication. It is a holistic science as the patients are treated as a whole- physically, mentally and emotionally – not just for the medical complaint they present with. It has been observed by the homeopaths that homeopathic medicine appears to encourage a person’s natural capability to self heal and thus cut down the intensity of their symptoms.
Occupational therapy is the only profession that helps people across the lifespan to do the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of daily activities (occupations). Occupational therapy practitioners enable people of all ages to live life to its fullest by helping them promote health, and prevent—or live better with—injury, illness, or disability.
Common occupational therapy interventions include helping children with disabilities to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recovering from injury to regain skills, and providing supports for older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. Occupational therapy services typically include:
- an individualized evaluation, during which the client/family and occupational therapist determine the person’s goals,
- Customized intervention to improve the person’s ability to perform daily activities and reach the goals.
- And an outcomes evaluation to ensure that the goals are being met and/or make changes to the intervention plan.
Occupational therapy services may include comprehensive evaluations of the client’s home and other environments (e.g., workplace, school), recommendations for adaptive equipment and training in its use, and guidance and education for family members and caregivers. Occupational therapy practitioners have a holistic perspective, in which the focus is on adapting the environment to fit the person, and the person is an integral part of the therapy team.
Occupational Therapy is a healthcare profession offering support to people with physical, psychological and social problems to enable them to live life to the fullest. Helps people to do the everyday activities that they want to do and need to do when faced with illness, injury, and disability or challenging life events.
Speech Pathology is a specialty which deals with the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders. These are usually caused by brain damage/trauma/stroke, infection, birth anomalies or associated with surgical complications in paediatric, adult and geriatric population.
Both adults and children can be affected by speech disorders. Timely diagnosis and suitable treatment are the recommended ways to manage these conditions. These disorders can be a result of post-traumatic experiences, neurological or developmental conditions.
The causes may include:
- Neurological disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Muscle weakness
- Respiratory weakness
- Nodules on the vocal cords
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
We offer the following treatment / services:
- Ear, nose and throat disease – assessment and cure
- Hearing loss and balance problems
- Voice disorders
- Head and neck cancers
- Evaluation and treatment of Language delay due to environmental causes
- Evaluation and treatment of Language delay caused by neurological and developmental disorders
- Aural- Auditory rehabilitation for both hard of hearing and cochlear implant.
- Evaluation and treatment of Articulation and phonological disorders and developmental Apraxia of speech
- Evaluation and treatment of Fluency disorders such as Stuttering and Cluttering
EMIRATES FETAL MATERNAL CENTER
The Fetal Maternal Center at Emirates Hospital provides individualised care for pregnant women by doctors with specialist training in fetal maternal medicine.
Our multidisciplinary team of Fetal Medicine Physicians, Obstetricians, Genetic Scientists, Midwives and Lactation consultants will be available to support our patients throughout their pregnancy journey.
Women and their families will receive focused high quality evidence-based care and counselling.
The Fetal Maternal Center at Emirates Hospital provides:
- Pre-conception Counselling
- Fetal Maternal Care
- Genetic counselling and Testing
- Midwifery Services
- Breastfeeding support
- Ultrasound Scans
- Viability Scan
- Nuchal Translucency Scan (NT)
- Anomaly Scan
- Fetal Growth and Doppler Scan
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Management of High Risk Pregnancy
- Invasive Procedures
- Chorionic Villus sampling (CVS)
- Non Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Genetic counselling and Testing
- Midwifery services
- Parent Education Workshops
- Antenatal and postnatal Care
- Breastfeeding Support
ORAL MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY
Our expert doctors cover a wide range of ailments to be able to address all our patients requirements.
Through its vast medical services, expert staff, progressive medical technology and country-wide network facilities, Emirates Hospital, an Emirates Healthcare Company, aims to provide a consistent, cultivating world of health, catering to the real-time medical needs of patients, in a cost-effective way.
Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a Super specialty which treats the entire craniomaxillofacial complex: anatomical area of the mouth, jaws, face, and skull, as well as associated structures. Our team led by Professor Jehad Al Sukhun is highly trained and comes with more than 15 years of experience in the field of oral maxillofacial surgery
The maxillofacial department is fully equipped with the latest equipments to diagnose and treat the wide range of Cosmetic and Reconstructive Maxillofacial Surgery which largely comprise of two areas:
- Cranio-maxillofacial trauma, including zygomatic (cheek bone), orbital (eye socket), mandibular and nasal fractures as well as facial soft tissue lacerations and penetrating neck injuries
- Rhinoplasty to treat fractures and deformity of the nose.
- Craniofacial surgery/pediatric maxillofacial surgery, including cleft lip and palate surgery and trans-cranial craniofacial surgery including Fronto-Orbital Advancement and Remodeling (FOAR) and total vault remodeling
- Head and neck cancer and microvascular reconstruction using free flap surgery
- Temporo-mandibular joint surgery i.e. Classical surgery vs. arthroplasty
- Salivary gland surgery i.e. Superficial / total Parotid gland reoval, submandibular gland removal
- Orthognathic surgery to treat facial deformities such as severely protruded / retruded upper and lower jaws.
- Genioplasty to deal with deformities of retruded or protruded chin
- Dento-alveoalr surgery i.e. removal of impacted wisdom teeth, provision of dental implants including bone graft and / or sinus lift. Particular interest in providing Same Day Dental Implant.
- The use of 3D implants to define facial bones and the lower jaw. Special interest in creating Nefertiti look
- Full v.s semi face lift. Special interest in the sue of the latest technology of endoscopic face lift.
- Treatment of double chin and / or lipo suction.
Neurosurgery is the specialty concerned with the surgical treatment of diseases of the nervous system composed of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column, as well as the nerves that travel through all parts of the body. The Department of Neurosurgery at Emirates Hospital, Jumeirah is equipped to perform all types of surgeries for a wide range of illnesses. We offer minimally invasive surgeries that gives the convenience of much shorter hospital stay and heightened patient comfort, while maximizing the efficacy of the procedure.
- Spine Surgery (Minimally Invasive, Microsurgery, Endoscopy & Spinal Navigation).
- Minimally Invasive Spinal stabilization for Traumatic and Degenerative Diseases.
- Spinal Arthroplasty with Total Disc Replacement.
- Spinal Deformity Surgery.
- Percutaneous Infiltration and Ablation Procedures for Back Pain.
- Endoscopic and Microsurgery for Pituitary Adenoma.
- Brain and Peripheral Nerve Surgery.
- Conservative Treatment of Neck and Back Pain.
- Minimal invasive Microscopic and Endoscopic Surgery for Disc Diseases (Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar).
- Minimal Invasive Spinal Fixation of Spine
- Treatment of Hydrocephalus with VP-Shunt.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation for Pain Therapy.
- Experience in Pedicle Screw Placement with Spinal Navigation in Cervical, Thoracal and Lumbar Spine.
- Surgery for Brain and Spine Trauma.
- Microscopic Surgery for Brain and Spine Tumours.