CLINICAL IMMUNOLOGY & ALLERGY
A Comprehensive care by experts for your allergy and immune system
As allergy or defects in immune system can have a great impact on your quality of life, EH offer you a comprehensive service at our specialist clinics
Our vision in EH is to provide top-notch clinical services, including access to up-to-date diagnostic allergy tests and treatment strategies The allergy and clinical immunology division focuses on both allergic disease — including food allergy, asthma and environmental allergies — as well as immunodeficiency disorders, Our Clinic provides state-of-the-art care for children and adults with allergic rhinitis, sinusitis asthma and allergic diseases. In addition to its world-renowned programs in food allergy, the clinic cares of all ages with asthma, allergic rhinitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, atopic dermatitis, drug allergy and stinging insect allergy.
Our clinic also provides a comprehensive care to individuals with immunodeficiency diseases.
What We Provide
Our doctor is specialized in diagnosing and treatment of
- Environmental Allergy as Allergic rhinitis, sinusitis, bronchitis and asthma
- Food Allergy
- Drug Allergy
- Children Allergies
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergy by different modalities including, performing skin test , immunotherapy
- Immunological diseases as autoimmune diseases as Rheumatoid arthritis, celiac diseases….
- Diagnosis of immunodeficiency diseases
A smile is an asset. It breaks barriers, generates warmth, and adds compassion and glamour to one’s face. To many, the pain associated with being in the dentist’s chair is worth the confidence and poise imparted by a smile makeover. Furthermore, we have treatments to counteract wrong approaches in orthodontic treatments to restore facial symmetry.
Cosmetic dentistry is the science/art of creating the smile you always dreamed of having. With breakthroughs in technology, a dentist can help you get the bright, beautiful and aesthetic smile of your dreams.
Psychiatry is the branch of medicine focused on the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental, emotional and behavioural disorders.
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in mental health disorders, including substance use disorders.
Psychiatric diseases can start at any age. They can affect the emotional, cognitive and behavioural function of the individual. They also affect daily functioning such as interpersonal, social, work and school performance. If left untreated it may lead to disability, decrease in quality of life and impairs wellbeing. Psychiatric disorders might affect the individual as well as his family and surrounding.
Examples of the mental health problems psychiatrists deal with include:
- Difficulty adjusting after a major life changes or loss
- Difficulty adjusting to stress
- Worry and fear-Anxiety disorders such as Panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, phobias, generalized anxiety disorder
- Depressed or low mood- Mood disorders such as Depression and Bipolar disorder
- Perinatal and postnatal disorders such as postpartum depression
- Personality disorders such as Paranoid personality disorder, Borderline personality disorder, Narcissistic personality
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Psychotic disorders such as drug induced psychosis and Schizophrenia
- Alcohol and substance abuse, addiction and dependence
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Eating disorders such as Anorexia nervosa, Bulimia nervosa, Binge eating disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Psychiatric symptoms due to medical illnesses
What Treatments Do Psychiatrists Use?
Psychiatrists use a variety of treatments – including various forms of psychotherapy, medications, and psychosocial interventions depending on the needs of each patient.
The aim of the treatment is to relief the symptoms, restore and optimize the functioning of the patient in all life areas.
Psychotherapy, sometimes called talk therapy, is a treatment that involves a talking relationship between a therapist and patient. It can be used to treat a broad variety of mental disorders and emotional difficulties.
The goal of psychotherapy is to eliminate or control disabling or troubling symptoms so the patient can function better. Depending on the extent of the problem, treatment may take just a few sessions over a week or two or may take many sessions over a period of years. Psychotherapy can be done individually, as a couple, with a family, or in a group.
Most medications are used by psychiatrists in much the same way that medications are used to treat high blood pressure or diabetes. After completing thorough evaluations, psychiatrists can prescribe medications to help treat mental disorders. Psychiatric medications can help correct imbalances in brain chemistry that are thought to be involved in some mental disorders.
The department of Ophthalmology consisting of fellowship trained and experienced consultants is certain to provide you with best services. The goal is to provide comprehensive, high-quality, and state-of-the-art eye care in an accessible, supportive, caring, and user-friendly environment. It has always strived for superior outcomes and a high level of satisfaction for patients. The consultant ophthalmologists, optometrists, assistant ophthalmologist, nurses and staff have been working with exceptional efficiency to deliver the best eye care service. The staff has also been providing individual attention which is highly valuable for our patients, whether they are visiting for a routine check-up, outpatient consultation, simple or surgical procedure, or emergency care.
- General Ophthalmology
- Pediatric ophthalmology cases examination, diagnosis and management
- Slit-lamp examination of the anterior segment of the eye
- Posterior Segment & fundus examination
- Slit-lamp biomicroscopy
- Direct & Indirect Ophthalmoscopy
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal degenerations
- Glaucoma services
- All minor surgical procedures
- Strabismus surgery: horizontal muscle
- Cataract surgery: phacoemulsification, extracapsular cataract extraction
- Adult glaucoma surgery
- Assisted in retinal detachment surgery
- Assisted in keratoplasty surgery
- Refractive surgery (LASIK)
Stromal vascular fraction cellular (SVFC) therapy or more commonly referred to as Stem Cells has the potential to mitigate and/or improve a myriad of conditions and symptoms of diseases facing with unmet clinical needs. Clinical studies have shown great improvement with therapy in a range of disease entities including neurologic, orthopedic, cardiovascular, concussion and it even has cosmetic benefits. Utilizing the patient’s own SVFCs promotes recovery, regeneration and healing to the patient as well as reduces the need for costly treatments, medications and doctor visits.
The department of Regenerative Sciences at Emirates Hospital focuses on offering medically advanced solutions to patients struggling with a wide range of diseases that have previously not met with a cure.
The department of Radiology offers unparalleled resources in the region. A full array of diagnostic and imaging-guided interventional services is provided within the hospital’s premises. Equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology like the 3.0 Tesla in a beautiful, comfortable environment, perform advanced image processing to support clinical care with the highest quality resolution. The greatest strength of this department is the people. Emirates Hospital has taken extra care to hand pick the professionals humming behind the day-to-day functions of this department to ensure our patients receive nothing but the best.
As a facility built around patients, our core focus always is you, our guests. Bearing this in mind, our pharmacy at the hospital is dedicated to providing you a one stop solution to all your needs. Offering a range of curative, nutritive, baby products, lifestyle, wellness, cosmetic and personal care medicines and supporting products, the Emirates Hospital pharmacy