Speech Pathology is a specialty which deals with the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice and swallowing disorders. These are usually caused by brain damage/trauma/stroke, infection, birth anomalies or associated with surgical complications in paediatric, adult and geriatric population.
Both adults and children can be affected by speech disorders. Timely diagnosis and suitable treatment are the recommended ways to manage these conditions. These disorders can be a result of post-traumatic experiences, neurological or developmental conditions.
The causes may include:
- Neurological disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis
- Muscle weakness
- Respiratory weakness
- Nodules on the vocal cords
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
We offer the following treatment / services:
- Ear, nose and throat disease – assessment and cure
- Hearing loss and balance problems
- Voice disorders
- Head and neck cancers
- Evaluation and treatment of Language delay due to environmental causes
- Evaluation and treatment of Language delay caused by neurological and developmental disorders
- Aural- Auditory rehabilitation for both hard of hearing and cochlear implant.
- Evaluation and treatment of Articulation and phonological disorders and developmental Apraxia of speech
- Evaluation and treatment of Fluency disorders such as Stuttering and Cluttering