Dr. Abd Elrafea Elkak is our Gastrointestinal and colorectal surgeon here at Emirates hospital with interest inLaparoscopic surgeries. As a fully British trained surgeon, Dr. Abd Elrefea completed a full UK Higher Surgical Training Programme and obtained a Certificate of Completion of Training from UK.
Following his UK training, Dr.Abd Elrafea gained further experience in New Zealand following it up with a Fellowship in Upper Gastrointestinal and Advanced Laparoscopic surgery in Australia. His training in Colorectal surgery was a substantial part of his education while also covering endoscopy, thyroid and parathyroid and breast surgery including conservative surgery.
Dr.Abd Elrafea is also an avid writer and regularly publishes articles and papers in his field of expertise helping him stay ahead of the curve.
- Skin Lumps
- Abdominal emergencies including appendicitis, strangulated hernias, bowel obstruction, perforations and pancreatitis
- Gall stones, Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Stomach and oesophagus cases including refluxes
- Colon and rectum cases
- Haemmorrhoids, fissures and anal fistula
- Surgical splenic emlargement
- Surgical liver cases
- Surgical Pancreatic cases eg. Tumours
- Varicose veins
- Benign and malignant breast cases
- Upper and lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Paediatric appendectomy and inguinal hernias down the age of 3 years
- Day case laparoscopic cholecystectomy and hernia repair