Dr. Abdulwahab Roman is a German Board-Certified Consultant Neurologist. Before joining Emirates Hospital, Dr. Roman worked as a senior consultant neurologist and deputy head of the Vogtareuth Epilepsy Center, which is one of the most famous and comprehensive epilepsy centers in Germany. He was instrumental in the development of the EEG video monitoring unit and the presurgical epilepsy diagnostics program for adults. Dr. Roman was also the Head of the Multiple Sclerosis Program and the clinical supervisor of the Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) laboratory at Schoen Hospital Vogtareuth in Bavaria, Germany.
His expertise includes early diagnostics and treatment of all kinds of episodic non-epileptic disorders like syncope, sleep disorders, psychogenic disorders and movement disorders (such as tics, restless leg syndrome and dystonia). Dr. Roman is adept at diagnosis and treatment of all types of pain disorders like headaches, backaches and peripheral pain disorders. He also specializes in management and prevention of stroke, dementia and encephalopathy through early screening of risk factors and providing the most effective, state-of- the- art therapy strategies.
Dr. Roman has been awarded many prestigious certifications and qualifications in the field of Epilepsy (fellowship epileptology, presurgical epilepsy evaluation and operative epilepsy treatment qualification), Multiple Sclerosis and CSF Diagnostics (CSF specialist Certification), Stroke Management and Ultrasound Diagnostics (DEGUM Certification) and Neurophysiology (EEG certificate and EEG Examiner). These qualifications are highly valued and has been awarded to only 1 to 5% of the German neurologists depending on the type of qualification. He is also a member of several scientific societies.
His profound experience, valued qualifications, and varied responsibilities give patients the best medical care and highest level of teaching to the medical staff.
- Epilepsy and other episodic non-epileptic disorders (like syncope and psychogenic non-epileptic attacks).
- Sleep disorders.
- Meningitis, Encephalitis and encephalopathy syndromes.
- Demyelinating disorders like Multiple sclerosis and related disorders.
- Stroke management, including thrombolysis, primary and secondary stroke prevention.
- Dementia like Alzheimer dementia, vascular dementia and other CNS-degenerative diseases such as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Movement disorders like Parkinson disease, essential tremor, dystonia and Restless syndrome.
- Brain nerve disorders like facial nerve palsy and optic neuritis.
- Headache such as migraine, tension headache and cluster headache.
- Brain tumors.
- Diseases of spinal cords such as spinal tumors, disk herniation and myelitis.
- Diseases of peripheral nerves such as Carpal tunnel syndrome, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and different types of.
- polyneuropathy (PNP).
- Neuromuscular diseases like myasthenia graves and lambert Eaton syndrome.
- Muscle diseases like myalgia, myotonic dystrophy and myositis.
- German Society for Neurology (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurologie (DGN).
- German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology and Functional Medical Imaging (DGKN).
- German Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM e.V.).
- German Society for Epileptology (German Chapter of the International League Against Epilepsy (DGfE e.V.).
- German Working Group on Presurgical Epilepsy Diagnosis and Operative Epilepsy Treatment (Mini-Fellowship, Presurgical.
- German Society for Cerebrospinal Fluid Diagnostics and clinical neurochemistry (DGLN).