Dr. Alaeddin Saghir is our Specialist Endocrinologist at Emirates Hospital. With over 20 years of expertise in his field Dr. Saghir takes pride in being able to manage endocrine diseases and diabetes for both adults and children. Dr Saghir is a French Board Certified Endocrinologist and Diabetologistwho completed his clinical training in the most reputable L’Archet University Hospital of Nice, the pearl of the French Riviera.
Dr. Saghir completed his education from the Aleppo University in Syria and went on to be certified by the French Boardfor Endocrinology, Diabetology and Metabolic Diseases by the University of Nice-Côte d’Azur,France in 1988. He also obtained the Diplômed’Université (DU) for Cancerologyfrom the University of Marseille, France in 1991
Having practiced his specialty in many public and private hospitals across France, Syria and UAE, Dr.Saghir brings a wealth of experience to his practice here at Emirates Hospital. Dr.Saghir has also authored a myriad of books on the topics of endocrinology, diabetes, nutrition and public health. His most important book was (Diet War in the Treatment of Obesity, Diabetes and Cholesterol) published in 2007 for which he was awarded in 2008.
- Treatment and Prevention of both types of Diabetes, for both youth and elder populations
- Treatment of growth problems and follow-up with growth charts for children
- Treatment of thyroid problems and follow-up with ultrasound and Doppler of thyroid nodules and goitre.
- Treatment of Primary and Secondary Amenorrhea, Luteal Phase Defect (LPD) and Hirsutism in women, and management of UnexplainedHormonal Sterility in both sexes
- Management of congenital and hereditary endocrine syndromes
- Management of Parathyroid issues, Vitamin D3 deficiency, Osteopenia and Hormonal Osteoporosis