Dr. Bann did her MB BCh in 2005 and is a Graduate of Dubai Medical College, Dubai, UAE. She has been working for Emirates hospital for the past 9 years and has a total practising experience of 14 years.
She has worked hard at developing her skill set and procedures, and is competent in the following-
- BLS,PALS and ACLS
- Peripheral and central line insertion
- IM IV SC drug administration
- Lumbar puncture
- Liver biopsy with or without an ultrasound guidance
- Bone marrow aspiration
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Ascitic tapping
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Pleural aspiration
- Basics in ultrasound scanning of thyroid and abdomen
LICENSE HELD AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Since 2009 I have held a full general medical counsel registration and a license to practice in th UK.
- Since 2010 I have held a license to practice as a full time general doctor within the DHA.
- Member of the Emirates medical society.
- Member of the Emirates emergency medicine society.
- Member of the Emirates medical society
- Member of the Emirates emergency medicine society
RESEARCH STUDIES AND PUBLICATIONS
- I did speak at the 4th dubai otology conference was held on the 12 of Oct 2016 under HE Abdul Rahman Mohammed Al Owais,minister of health and prevention .United Arab Emirates
- In Audit 1 which was a n observational study from the 28/11/2007 to 29/12/2007 I have recorded the incidence of H pylori positive patients in each upper endoscopy done during that month and it was supervised by Dr.Mustafa Sabrri a consultant gastroenterologist in Rashid hospital Dubai
- In Audit 2 in the period 2/8/2009 to 29/8/2009 I ran a questionnaire among a number of patients going in to an elective gastroscopy about patients satisfaction post gastroscopy and how is related to a proper explanation of the procedure by the doctor
- I have regularly conducted formal teaching sessions for junior colleagues including medical students, interns and junior residents.
- I have been working as a general practitioner and an ER. Doctor covering both 24 hours clinic as well as the ER. In emirates hospital Dubai since 1/10/2010.reviewing around 3600 patients on an annual basis including adults medicin, Obe/Gyne, Pediatric cases as well as surgical cases .conducting minor procedures without supervision such as stiching, dressing, drainage,back slab applications.
- Primary and secondary prevention including regular check up.As well as seasonal vaccination programs