Dr. Christiana Savvidou is our Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon here at Emirates Hospital. She is a specialist addressing medical conditions, injuries and routine illnesses related to the hand, wrist and elbow.
Dr. Savvidou earned her Medical Degree from the University of Athens followed by Orthopaedic Surgery residency at the 2nd Orthopaedic Department, University of Athens in Greece.
She completed a fellowship in Hand Surgery at Tampere University along with a fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the Christine M.Kleinert Institute, University of Louisville in Kentucky, USA. She also served as a Hand and Upper Extremity Surgeon in Cyprus and USA (Indiana and Kentucky)
Dr. Savvidou has also authored a plethora of publications in her field helping her establish herself as one of the leaders in her field of study and practice while also having been awarded on several occasions for her contributions to the field. She was part of the leading team involved in Hand Transplantation at University of Louisville Composite Tissue Allotransplantation program. Needless to say she has also held several teaching positions across Greece and the USA.
Last but not least, Dr. Savvidou spends her personal time studying and practices playing the piano, is a learned musician and brings a sense of harmony and passion to everything she does.
- Wrist pain, ligaments injury, arthritis and fractures
- Sports injuries of hand, wrist and elbow
- Hand / fingers pain, ligaments injury, arthritis and fractures
- Compressive neuropathies: Carpal tunnel release, Cubital tunnel release, Radial tunnel releaseWork related hand overuse syndromes
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Thumb basal joint arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis of hand and wrist
- Hand and wrist deformity correction
- Tendon injuries, repair and transfers
- Pediatric upper extremity injuries and congenital hand deformities correction
- Hand and upper extremity nerve repair
- Microvascular reconstruction: Replantation, toe to hand transfer, free tissue transfer/flaps, free vascularized fibula transfer