Dr. Mohamed Attia Abdallah is our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon here at Emirates Hospital. With over 15 years of experience in orthopaedic surgery he specialized in adult reconstruction including hip arthroplasty techniques. He also takes pride in performing unique procedures such as total knee replacement, deformity correction and limb lengthening, nonunion and malunions, leg length discrepancy, bone infection and congenital problems which are treated with the Taylor Spatial Frame or classic Ilizarov techniques as well as lengthening nails along with classic bone grafting and plate techniques.
Dr. Attia has worked in the UAE since 2011 and has performed more than 150 joint replacement surgeries including Knee & Hip Arthroplasties, cemented & cement less techniques and 60 Deformity correction cases including adult & paediatrics using Taylor Spatial Frame & Ilizarov techniques during the last 9 years across leading healthcare
brands in the UAE.
Dr. Attia has also worked for 9 years at the Cairo University School of Medicine, Egypt. Where he finished his Master & MD degrees in orthopaedic surgery where he focused on Knee and Shoulder sports injuries. He has also complete a range of general orthopedic, Hand and foot surgeries along with trauma management which were all part of his primary practice.
Research has been an important part of his career with two manuscripts authored by him on Deformity Correction & Limb Lengthening which were published in British Medical Association International Journal. He has also been a faculty in several international conferences and workshops.
- Total joint replacement surgeries including Knee replacements, Hip replacements and Joint revision surgery.
- Arthroscopic Knee surgery and ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate Ligament tears, meniscus injuries, malalignment of the patella, injury of the patellar & quadriceps tendons.
- Arthroscopic Shoulder joint surgery including subacromial decompression, acromioclavicular joint Arthritis , Frozen shoulder and rotator cuff repair
- Deformity correction, Limb Lengthening and treatment of early osteoarthritis with realignment osteotomies done by external fixators (Taylor Spatial Frame) using Ilizarov techniques.
- Management of fractures non-unions, malunion and infections of the bone by performing bone transport technique using external fixators (Taylor Spatial frame)
- Foot surgery (Halluxvalgus, Halluxrigiduis, Flat foot and Metatarsal fusion) and Hand including tendon & nerve release, metacarpal fusion, ganglion cysts
- Trauma surgery of Adult and paediatric cases