Dr. Ahmed is an experienced and highly skilled Consultant endocrinologist with over 13years experience in the field.
Following structured medical training in the UK, Dr Ahmed worked as a Consultant Endocrinologist in a university hospital in the UK as a consultant for over 5 years. In addition to his clinical duties Dr Ahmed is also has an active academic involvement, and has been actively involved in medical education at the University of Birmingham. Also an author within the diabetes and weight management world, Dr Ahmed has published and written papers and articles .He is also a peer reviewer for journals.
Dr Ahmed is Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London. And a PACES examiner for the membership of the royal college examination.
Dr Ahmed developed special interest in complex type 2 Diabetes, General endocrinology and he is a certified bariatric physician with medical weight management care as well as post bariatric surgery medical care.
- Management of Diabetes including Diabetes complications and Diabetes with pregnancy
- Management of Thyroid disorders
- Management of other Wide range of endocrinology disorders including, bone metabolic disease, adrenal, pituitary and disorders of the gonads including polycystic ovarian syndrome, irregular period related to hormonal problems, male hormonal disorders.
- Adolescence growth delay and related hormonal disorders
- Medical weight management
- Post bariatric surgery medical care
Languages spoken : Arabic , English