Dr. Nishanth Girija Kumar is a fully accomplished Consultant Nephrologist with an extensive experience in adult kidney diseases.
He graduated from Government Medical College Thiruvananthapuram, the University of Kerala in 2013. He further went on to pursue his MD in Internal Medicine at Saint Vincent Hospital, the University of Massachusetts, USA, and DM in Nephrology at the prestigious Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA.
In 2019 he received the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) certification and then in 2020 the American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS) certification in Nephrology. He is also a Certified Clinical Hypertension Specialist (AHSCP-CHS). In addition, he completed MRCP UK part 1 (Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom).
In 2020, he was appointed at Davita Dialysis, USA as Medical Director. In his functions he was also affiliated with many hospitals in the USA as a Consultant Nephrologist including Baptist Health Hospital, Twin Lakes Regional Medical Centre, Taylor Regional Hospital, Med Centre Health Bowling Green, Flaget Memorial Hospital, and Nephrology Associates of Central Kentucky LLC. He is an active member of the American Society of Nephrology.
Dr Nishanth’s expertise encompasses all “adult kidney diseases”, with a special interest in Glomerular diseases and Home Dialysis modalities.
- Travancore Cochin Medical Council, India
- The Board of Registration in Medicine, Massachusetts, USA
- Texas Medical Board, USA
- Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure, USA
- Dubai Health Authority – Consultant Physician in Nephrology, UAE
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Proteinuria/Hematuria (Protein in urine/Blood in urine) evaluation
- Diabetic Kidney disease (DKD)
- Specialized in Resistant Hypertension management ( Resistant High Blood pressure)
- Acute kidney injury (AKI)
- End Stage Kidney Disease management (ESKD) – Hemodialysis/Peritoneal Dialysis
- Autoimmune or Malignancy related kidneys diseases like SLE/Lupus nephritis, Systemic Vasculitis, Myeloma, Paraproteinemia-associated Kidney diseases
- Kidney Stone (Nephrolithiasis) – management and prevention
- Kidney Transplantation – follow up and immunosuppression management
- Polycystic Kidney diseases like ADPKD
- Glomerular and Reno-Vascular diseases – Glomerulonephritis (GN), Renal Artery Sclerosis, Tubulo-Intersitial diseases, Drug/Toxin induced Kidney diseases
- Nephrotic syndromes
- Metabolic Acidosis/Alkalosis and Electrolyte imbalances (Sodium, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium)
- Kidney and urinary tract infections
- Mineral Bone disorders in Kidney diseases like Hyperparathyroidism, High Phosphorus, Osteoporosis, Vitamin D deficiency
- Edema/Fluid Overload
- Genetic kidney diseases
- Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nutrition in Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease
- Kidney diseases in Pregnancy
- Cardio-renal syndrome – Management of kidney diseases in patients with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- ICU/Critical Care Nephrology including Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy
- American Society of Nephrology
- European Renal Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association