Dr. Samer has over 25 years of experience in the field of General & Colorectal Surgery and has performed over 1500 proctology cases, 800 colon and rectum resections and more than 5000 clinic/minor surgery procedures.
Dr. Samer completed his MD and his General Surgery training at the American University of Beirut Medical Center. Thereafter in 1995, he, moved to the UK to pursue 4 year fellowship in Gastrointestinal & Colorectal Surgery and obtained his MRCS and FRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He also completed all the necessary requirements to be on the Specialist Register of the GMC.
Dr. Samer holds extensive experience of working in the UK with reputed hospitals such as East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT), Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital (QEQM), East Sussex Hospitals, West Hertfordshire Hospitals, Watford & Mount Vernon Hospitals. In 2015, he moved back to Lebanon and joined AUBMC where he help develop the colorectal unit, which became a tertiary colorectal referral center not only for Lebanon but for the entire region.
Dr. Samer is an accomplished general, colorectal & laparoscopic surgeon and has won many accolades including a Clinical Excellence Award from the East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT) and was also awarded General Townsley Fellowship by the Medway National Health Service (NHS) Trust. Dr. Samer has several research papers and articles published in peer review journals to his credit and is author of a book chapter on “Rectal Cancer”.
- Hernia Surgery (Open/Laparoscopic)
- Gall Bladder Surgery
- Haemorrhoids Surgery including Ligation (HAL) /Laser (HLP)/ Raffaelo
- Complex Fistula Surgery including LIFT, Advancement FLAP, FILAC, VAAFT
- Anal Fissure Surgery including Botox Injection
- Pilonidal Surgery (Open, Laser, Endoscopic)
- Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery (Open, Laparoscopic, Robotic)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Surgery (Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Surgery for complicated Diverticular Disease
- Pelvic floor dysfunction (medical and surgical therapy)
- Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery