Dr Sharif Muhammed
Head of Department,
Specialist Interventional Cardiologist
Dr. Sharif is an Egyptian board certified specialist interventional Cardiology with extensive experience and special interest in performing coronary angiography and angioplasty in a very safe manner via the radial (hand) route.
Dr Sharif trained in cardiology from the National Heart Institute in Cairo, the premier institute in cardiology in the Middle East, in 1996. After obtaining the Egyptian Board Certification in Interventional Cardiology, he continued there as a staff member and trainer till 2005. Then he moved to the gulf region and worked in Saudi Arabia and Qatar before moving to UAE in 2012.
Dr Sharif is well versed in performing coronary angiography and coronary angioplasty. In UAE itself, he has done more than 1000 Angiography with or without Angioplasty in the past 8 years. He has extensive experience in performing these procedures and is well known as a safe and expert operator. He is well known for properly assessing coronary lesion significance with pressure measurement (IFR/FFR)) for evaluating the necessity of stenting and for optimizing stenting results with imaging (IVUS) – thus making sure that evidence based cardiac care is provided to his patients.
Dr Sharif is a member of the famed European Society of Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (EAPCI). He is also a member of European Society of Cardiology, Emirates Society of Cardiology and Egyptian Society of Cardiology.
Dr Sharif has been managing emergency room cardiac cases and ICU based advanced cardiac cases throughout his career. He has been managing complex heart rhythm disorders and severe heart failure. He has successfully performed a huge number of emergency angioplasties for heart attack (primary angioplasties).
- Coronary angiography- via radial and femoral route.
- Coronary angioplasty- including high risk procedures like primary angioplasty and bifurcation stenting.
- Pressure measurement of coronary lesions- FFR, IFR.
- Imaging of coronary lesions- IVUS.
- Treadmill stress test.
- Holter monitoring.
- Stress echocardiography.
- Ambulatory BP monitoring.
- ACLS guided cardiac resuscitation for cardiac arrest (valid ACLS license holder).
- Management of heart failure and cardiogenic shock.
- Management of complex cardiac arrhythmias.
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump insertion (IABP).
- Temporary pacemaker insertion.
- Evaluating chest pain to rule out heart disease as the cause of chest pain,
- Treating high blood pressure and high cholesterol in an integrated way with lifestyle changes and, only if needed, medications and
- Performing high quality echocardiography to rule out structural heart diseases.