Dr. Srinath Prem Dore
Specialist Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
Dr. Dore is long term experienced specialist with more than 25 years of international practice. He graduated from St. Johns Medical College in India, his M.D from the University of Bern in Switzerland and his specialization in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology from the University of Leuven in Belgium. He is a certified member of the Emirates Association of Gastroenterology, the Belgian Association of Gastroenterology and The Indian Society of Gastroenterology.
Dr. Dore started his career in Belgium as Specialist Gastroenterologist at Heilig Heart Ziekenhuis. He later was Assistant professor of Gastroenterology at St Johns Medical College, Bangalore, India. In 1997 he set up the Gastroenterology Dept. at Al Zahra Hospital, Sharjah and the Al Zahra Medical Center in Dubai.
He was part of the founding team of Triesta Sciences Bangalore, India in 2003 and held leadership position as Medical Director.
He has been with the Al Zahra group, both in the hospital in Barsha and Medical Center on Sheikh Zayed Road till May 2019.
Dr. Dore is proficient in a number of languages including English, Dutch, German, Flemish, Arabic and Indian languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam.
- Heartburn, gastro – esophageal reflux diseases and indigestion
- Chronic bloating and abdominal pain, IBS like symptoms and work up for food intolerance and Celiac disease with the use of Hydrogen breath tests
- Peptic ulcer disease and gallbladder diseases
- Constipation, Hemorrhoids, anal pain and incontinence
- Colon polyps and colon cancer surveillance
- Chronic Diarrhoea, with management of Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns disease and work up for mal-absorption and malnutrition
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Upper endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Liver Disease, Jaundice, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C,
- Metabolic Liver Disease, NASH ,
- Medical management of Obesity and evaluation of the liver using the fibroscan.