Dr. Yaser Habrawi graduated from University of Aleppo, Syria in 1980.He has a long experience of almost 25 years in ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery with special interests in the anterior segment.
Dr.Habrawi was Former president of the Syrian Ophthalmic Society 2005-2007.
He is a regular participant and speaker in international and regional ophthalmic conferences and meetings.
During his long career he showed a great interest in academic medical teaching and he supervised ophthalmology training for dozens of residents in ophthalmology and ophthalmic surgery; most of them now enjoying recognized posts in different parts of the world.
Presently added to his duties is serving the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Glasgow as examiner for candidates taking the F.R.C.S.Ed and F.R.C.S.Gl exams.
- Phacoemulsification surgery (cataract surgery with no stitches) with foldable intraocular lens implants
- Keratoplasty (penetrating, lamellar and deep anterior lamellar)
- Glaucoma surgery & squint surgery
- Corneal refractive surgery,
- Performing conventional LASIK
- Femtosecond LASIK
- Intracorneal ring segments & collagen cross linking.