Dr. Yasser Negm is our Head of paediatrics, Consultant Paediatrician and Paediatric Gastroenterologist here at Emirates Hospital. Having completed his education and training across Egypt and the UK, Dr. Yasser brings a wealth of experience and an insight to his role here at the hospital.
Dr. Negm treats children between ages of 0 to 16 years and is part of the team responsible for children requiring assistance in the Emergency, General Paediatrics and the neonatal intensive care unit with a precious focus on Paediatric Gastroenterology, which is represented by a hand few number of doctors here in the region, of which he is one.
Dr Negm is qualified in level 3 child protection & safeguarding. He is an PALS, NLS and NRP provider. He was trained in evidence based Medicine, GIT endoscopy, Paediatric nutrition, neonatal ventilation, basis of research, communication skills, teaching, e-learning, governance, time management, conflict resolution and court skills. He added Gastroenterology as a subspecialty of interest in 2007 when he moved to London and trained in Great Ormond street, King’s College, The Royal London and the Royal Free Hospitals.
Dr Negm has a CCT from the General Medical Council, UK, and he is also a Fellow of The Royal College of Pediatrics and child health – London, Member of the British society and the Emirates society of paediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition.
- Complex paediatric gastroenterology problems, including recurrent vomiting, chronic constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, coeliac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, reflux and malabsorption.
- Child nutrition and feeding difficulties.
- All paediatric emergencies.
- Food allergies and intolerances.
- Endoscopic removal of swallowed foreign bodies.
- Paediatric gastrointestinal procedures, including endoscopy and liver biopsies.
- 23 years of experience in management of children as outpatients and inpatients, whether for a cute common or chronic complicated general paediatric conditions.