Dr. Maysarah Alawneh is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, with sub-speciality in Fetal Maternal Medicine. He has over 10 years of experience in obstetrics and fetal maternal medicine in the UK, USA and UAE. He is certified by the Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK, where he completed clinical and research training in fetal medicine with Professor Kypros Nicholaides at Kings’s College London. He joined INOVA Fairfax hospital in Falls Virginia, USA, where he completed a fellowship in Fetal Maternal Medicine.
Dr. Maysarah established the fetal maternal medicine department at Emirates Hospitals Group. He implemented a pregnancy surveillance program, which contributed to significantly better outcomes for both mother and baby at the hospital. The department closely cooperates with the obstetricians, neonatal and paediatric surgery departments using a continuous pathway of care.
He provides routine antenatal care for every pregnant woman and specializes in the management of multiple pregnancies, counselling and caring of complicated pregnancies, including preterm deliveries, pre-eclampsia, and mothers with diabetes. He performs prenatal ultrasounds, including down syndrome screening, anomaly scan, fetal growth and doppler scans. He is also having considerable expertise in prenatal genetic diagnosis (CVS and Amniocentesis).
Dr. Maysarah is interested in clinical research, and has published multiple abstracts and papers, predominantly in the field of preterm labour, and he has been an expert speaker at multiple conferences.
He is a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, UK.
- Fetal maternal care and pre-conception counselling
- Routine antenatal care & delivery (for both high and low risk pregnancies)
- Ultrasound scans
- Nuchal translucency scan (down syndrome screening)
- Anomaly scan (morphology/ detailed organ scan)
- Fetal growth & doppler scan
- Fetal echocardiography
- Management of multiple & high-risk pregnancies (preterm deliveries, pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, and recurrent miscarriages..)
- Management of cervical insufficiency and performing all types of cervical cerclage.
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) & Amniocentesis