Zahra Shirazi is a registered physiotherapist in the U.A.E. with 8 years of clinical experience in India. She has received her Master’s Degree with honours in Musculoskeletal Sciences from S.N.D.T University Mumbai India and has completed her Bachelors of Health Sciences from M.U.H.S University India. She has received the Best Sportswomen Award of 2008-2009 at Festinatio, Intercollegiate Sports Meet, India.
Zahra has her clinical experience in treating musculoskeletaland sports injuries.Her clinical practise involves a combination of manual therapy, muscle/motor control retraining and specific exercise prescription. Besides having excellent knowledge about her area of work, she goes the extra mile to assist her patients get relief, thereby improving their quality of life. She strongly believes that Exercise & Manual Therapy togetherare the new medicine for most musculoskeletal conditions.
Zahra has taken extensive international post-graduate courses through Club Physio (South Africa), Neuro-Orthopaedic Institute (Australia) &Myopain Seminars (U.S) organizations.
Areas of Expertise
- Manual Therapy Mulligan, Maitland, Kaltenborn & Neuro-dynamics(David Butler)
- Spinal Manipulation
- Musculoskeletal conditions involving Neck, Shoulder, Back and Knees
- Sports Injury Prevention & Rehabilitation
- Dry Needling
- Hijamah (Dry & Wet Cupping)
- Kinesiological and Sports Taping
- Acute in-patient and out-patient rehab setting
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation of individuals and elite athletes