We work with our Hearts to Protect Your Gastroenterology
Through its vast medical services, expert staff, progressive medical technology and country-wide network facilities, Emirates Hospital, an Emirates Healthcare Company, aims to provide a consistent, cultivating world of health, catering to the real-time medical needs of patients, in a cost-effective way.
The Emirates Hospital Gastroenterology Department
The modern, fully-equipped Gastroenterology Department at Emirates Hospital has a team of doctors on call who have the best credentials offering you a dedicated medical opinion for the quality management of digestive systems complications for both children and adults.
Gastroenterology Facts in the UAE
“The prevalence of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) in Dubai is increasing and is estimated to be one to three per cent, said one Dubai Health Authority (DHA) doctor during the authority’s Smart Clinic session*”
At Emirates Hospital, we offer diagnosis, care and post procedural advice. We will create a successful and viable future plan for you according to your specific needs. At times, it becomes necessary for multiple experts to step in and work in unison because one part of the digestive system impacts the other.
- Chest pain – Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Anal fissure
Our unique protocol works on a systematic grid designed to provide the best chance for a full recovery.
These specialisations cover:
Basic and advanced diagnostic studies and management of acid reflux and oesophageal disease, management of stomach disorders/ulcers, GI bleeding, and management of chronic colonic diseases (Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, IBS)
- Gastro-esophageal Reflux disease (GERD)
- Peptic ulcer disease and helicobacter pylori gastritis
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Celiac disease
- Gastrointestinal and colonic bleeding
- Esophageal motility disorders including achalasia
- Pancreatic diseases
- Diverticular disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and other functional GI disorders
- Nutritional diseases
Special interest in the diagnosis and management of various liver diseases, including viral hepatitis, fatty liver, and cirrhosis.
- Acute and chronic viral Hepatitis (Including Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C)
- Cirrhosis and management of portal hypertension and liver failure / decompensation
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Fatty liver and NAFLD
- Hemochromatosis, Wilson Disease
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Abnormal liver function tests evaluation
- Liver Diseases of Pregnancy